Clocked - Time Tracking Refined

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Lazerlex, May 17, 2013.

1. Lazerlex, May 17, 2013
    Last edited: May 23, 2013

Lazerlex macrumors newbie

Lazerlex

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/clocked-time-tracking-refined/id647305424?ls=1&mt=8

http://vimeo.com/julianthayn/clocked

My name is Julian Thayn, I am professional designer of 6+ years--but about a year ago with no previous programming experience I took up the task to teach myself iOS programming.

After a year of learning and gaining experience doing contract apps for companies (and a whole lot of blood sweat and tears) I am ready to release the first app of my very own! I am proud to introduce Clocked!

Clocked is a beautiful time tracker that is simple and satisfying to use. It has just the time tracking features you need and no more: track your time, save your time, export your time.

Built with students and freelance creatives in mind.

FEATURES

•Tap to start, tap to stop. Runs in the background while you work.

•Use the Pomodoro™ Technique? Use our Pomodoro timers to avoid work/study fatigue. Push notifications let you know when to take a short break.

•Add groups to categorize your time

•Using it for a job? By-the-second hourly wage calculation

•Add time entry task and remember what you worked on

•Saved entries are kept for easy review, editing and deletion

•Added groups are kept for easy deletion and export

•Export time entries via email

•Export a specific date range

•App icon badge lets you know when you have a timer running

•Personalize Clocked by choosing your favorite theme

Attached Files:

2. pickaxe macrumors 6502a

That looks pretty and quite useful, I'm sure to grab this when it launches.

3. Lazerlex thread starter macrumors newbie

Lazerlex

thank you

thanks pickaxe! I really appreciate the feedback and i'll be sure to let you know when it comes out :D are you an iOS developer?

4. Lazerlex thread starter macrumors newbie

Lazerlex

5. Lazerlex thread starter macrumors newbie

Lazerlex

Been working on the Clocked promo vid and website. Vid is almost finished and website is coming along http://julianthayn.com. Would love some interaction and feedback--I'll definitely be giving promo codes!

6. Lazerlex thread starter macrumors newbie

Lazerlex

7. Dulcimer macrumors 6502a

Dulcimer

Do you intend on making a native iPad version/universal app?

8. Lazerlex thread starter macrumors newbie

Lazerlex

Yes definitely, after the iPhone version gains some traction I'll have a universal update :)

9. Swiss-G, May 27, 2013
    Last edited: May 27, 2013

Swiss-G macrumors 6502a

Swiss-G

Some feedback..

1. there doesn't seem to be a way to edit/delete groups once entered Found edit/delete groups in the export tab.
    2. it would be useful if groups could be sorted with the last entry at the top as new projects/clients tend to be the most frequently used. At the moment I have to scroll to the bottom of the list to find new entries.
    3. csv export for time tracking reports would be a better way of handling the data

Other than that a great little app.

10. Lazerlex thread starter macrumors newbie

Lazerlex

Hey Swiss-G, I think these are fantastic feature suggestions and good feedback. I know that some of the feature set isn't as easily discoverable as it could be--I'm working on making that more intuitive without cluttering the experience.

A couple questions--as to group sorting, are you talking about how they're sorted within the group selection roller? if so, rather than dynamically reorder based on use I was planning on allowing the user to reorder (and edit) groups however they wish in the next update. I think that's the best of both worlds (allowing reordering without trying to assume what the user wants)

I also agree about CSV export, it's at the top of my feature set to-do for the next version of Clocked, as well as PDF report export.

Seriously, thanks for the feedback and suggestions. Let me know if you have anything else or questions about what I've said above.

11. ipsychedelic macrumors 6502a

ipsychedelic

Since we cannot review redeemed apps via codes on the AppStore...

I like this app. it's non-cluttered and easy to use. The UI is great and I feel comfortable using it.

One thing that I didn't like tho' is the fact I have to hit on "save entry". I lost a 3-hour long session, just because I forgot to hit that button (somehow, I thought when stopping the clock it would automatically save the range).

12. Lazerlex thread starter macrumors newbie

Lazerlex

iPsychedelic, thanks for the compliments and feedback :) I thank thats a great suggestion. In fact, I had the entries auto-saving in the pre-release version and took it out on release, I've planned on adding "auto-save" as a toggle in the settings in the next update.

Thanks for the added confirmation that that would be useful!

13. Lazerlex, May 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2013

Lazerlex thread starter macrumors newbie

Lazerlex

Hey Swiss-G, upon rereading your feedback I realized I read it wrong. Newest groups at the top (because they're most frequently used), makes a lot of sense. Expect to see it in the next update.

14. Swiss-G macrumors 6502a

Swiss-G

I also like the idea of letting users auto sort their groups but a default setting of newest groups at the top of the list would be great.

Auto saving entries would be useful as I have managed to lose a few entries as I have been using the app this week. Fortunately, it's easy to recreate the entries and alter the start and end points of an entry.

Keep up the good work.

15. teribithia macrumors member

teribithia

Believe me a cool skin is the half of success :D:D