macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 12, 2004
Alberta
Oct 7, 2006
Saturday
12:47 PM

Well I just resynced all my computer clocks
some were out as much as 4 minutes. Not good.
Not sure when I did it last.
Quite a while back.
Seems to have fixed a few of the problems.
I zapped the pram man...

ed

CoMpX

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2005
New Jersey
To solve this problem of the clocks being off, you could set all the computer so sync the time automatically. Open System Preferences, click Date & Time, then check the box that says "Set date & time automatically". Then choose the correct server.

swanny

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 12, 2004
Alberta
CoMpX said:
To solve this problem of the clocks being off, you could set all the computer so sync the time automatically. Open System Preferences, click Date & Time, then check the box that says "Set date & time automatically". Then choose the correct server.
Yes I usually do this but I must have reinstalled and forgotten.
Seems a pram zap is called for to if your machine is more than
3 to 5 years old. The battery life you know. I've got an old G3 700hz ? Imac running panther.
I more though meant on my 2 PCs, they don't seem to care about syncronization for some reason. My 780hz Windows 2000 was out 29 seconds
and my 800hz Windows XP out 5 seconds. No wonder they, these computers didn't like the internet.

®îçhå®?

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2006
Mine are synced automatically via the internet. That is now my main source of a clock as i am nearly always on my computer.

iMacZealot

macrumors 68020
Mar 11, 2005
All of my macs have always had the right time syncing to time.apple.com. ANY PC has terrible sync. My mom's gateway is always out of sync by about five minutes.