Clone Your Mac's Hard Drive

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ricardo1064, May 4, 2008.

1. ricardo1064 macrumors member

Here is a link for a guide/tutorial on how to Clone Your Mac's Hard Drive. All constructive criticism is welcome, and if there are any discrepancies please let us know.

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Very nice and while I'm a big fan of CCC, Disk Utility can also clone the hard disk.

3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

there is also Super Duper, which seems even easier with its smart backups.

4. ricardo1064 thread starter macrumors member

We'll add that tutorial to the list here. Thanks!

5. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Why does this (and other of your threads) feel more like an ad for a blog than anything else? Not that the information isn't factual or useful, but it's all a little dated, quite honestly, and isn't necessarily in response to any particular request.

If you're just pushing the site, fine, just post it as such with a linky and a list of topics that can be found there. The recent "how-to" threads seem a little like you're trying to keep under the radar in hopes of driving up the hit count.

I'm not "calling you out" or any other such silliness, I just think that you should be a little more upfront & transparent. Appy polly loggies if I misread you.

6. ricardo1064 thread starter macrumors member

I am a content writer trying to provide as much useful information as possible. All of the current content on the site are items I had to do myself and found not many useful means to teach me or other people. So i've decided to start doing them myself. I have over ten years of experience in the field and would find a lot this information useful.

Just for reference, on the post about upgrading the hard drive, EVERYONE provided me with great suggestions to make it better and what items to make sure I highlight so there are minimal mistakes. Isn't collaborating on work what makes it the best possible solution for all?

Personally, I don't come on posting about everything I write on. I post about tutorials related to Mac and Mac only. If you feel I am spamming and the administration of the site feels I am spamming, I apologize and let me know and I will not link to my content.