Cloned hdd confusion...

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ps9teacher, Aug 5, 2012.

1. ps9teacher macrumors newbie

A noob question:

I am currently running Snow Leopard on my Macbook. My hdd was failing so I bought a 1TB hdd to replace my old one. I used a hdd clone device that's intuitive and automatically clones the old one. Everything went well. The new drive boots however, when I look a the Mac.. hd it shows the old hdd size...Even though I have a full 1TB as the new HD. Is there anyway I can extend the size of the hd? I've attempted to pull it down to make it larger but to no avail... I've attached a picture from Disk Utility if it's useful.

Attached Files:

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Grab the little pull down corner and move it all the way down then click Apply.

3. ps9teacher thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried that but this is the error that appears...I have attached 2 screen shots...The first is when I dragged the corner down and the 2nd is the error...Thanks for the speedy reply...

Attached Files:

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

What happens when you click the plus to add another partition then apply? Have you checked the disk using the tools in the First Aid tab? What software did you use to clone the disk?

5. ps9teacher thread starter macrumors newbie

Good question...I can add a partition no problem. I'm just trying to increase the cloned drives space. I didn't use any software at all I have a device where one inserts both hdd's and bang it's done. Thanks again!

6. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

That device is the source of your problems. Use a software like CarbonCopyCloner or SuperDuper to make a disk image or to clone the data from one disk to the other via your Mac.

7. ps9teacher thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, going to give that a shot...I was just taking the lazy way out...I'll let you know how it goes...:)