Cloning Leopard Drive - Superduper didn't work.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Sean Dempsey, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Sean Dempsey macrumors 68000

Sean Dempsey

Scenario: I had an install of Tiger on a drive in my mac pro, it was a backup of my OS. I upgraded it to Leopard successfully a few weeks ago and never used it.

Today, I wanted to upgrade my working OS to Leopard finally, which is on a different drive in the Mac Pro (a Raptor 150).

I tried to upgrade that Tiger (like I had before), and the installation failed before it even started. It also rendered the drive as unbootable and completely lost (no big deal, had the backups).

So, I tried to then use SuperDuper to clone the backup OS with leopard installed to the reformatted Raptor. SuperDuper said it succeeded, but the Raptor still wouldn't boot. I then read that SuperDuper is not fully compatible with Leopard yet.

So now, I am working off the Leopard install, but it's on a regular drive, not the Raptor. I have Leopard installed on the Raptor, but it's a fresh install, and I want my OS cloned over it. Until SuperDuper is updated, is there any other way to clone my OS over to the Raptor and use that as my boot drive?

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Carbon Copy Cloner should do the trick or you could use Disk Utility to do the clone (although I have never tried that myself)