Cloning Snow Leopard... I'm lost.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by i_never_existed, Oct 21, 2009.

1. i_never_existed macrumors newbie

i_never_existed

Hi there everyone.

So, I bought the new Snow Leopard the moment it hit the stores in Chile.

So far everything is going well, and it seems to be working fine (there are a few things that aren't perfect... but I'm sure they'll get ironed out in the future)

Anyway, what I want to do is burn a copy of the Installation DVD, just to be sure nothing happens to my only copy (I had a bad experience with leaving my Leopard DVD on a bus once... I was so angry with myself!)

Now, I used disk utility, and now have a perfect .cdr copy of Snow Leopard sitting on my desktop.

I have Toast Titanium on my MBP, and am just wondering which is the best option to make a bootable copy.

Anyone done this before... I tried already... twice in fact... and now have two lovely DVD's with Snow Leopard.. NONE OF WHICH ARE BOOTABLE.

Now there things cost around 15 US dollars EACH in Chile... they are not cheap.

I have one left... PLEASE! IF anyone has done this before, or is 100% sure on how to go about it, please let me know.

Again, I have already used disk utility and have the .cdr file on my desktop. I just need the best option to burn in toast.

Thanks everyone

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

from http://forums.macnn.com/90/mac-os-x/352764/how-do-i-backup-leopard-dvd/