Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RoadCyclistID

Contributor
Original poster
Oct 18, 2007
Idaho
It his a way to close all the open windows with one move instead of having to X out of all of them? I have seated and had no luck.

Matthew Yohe

macrumors 68020
Oct 12, 2006
It his a way to close all the open windows with one move instead of having to X out of all of them? I have seated and had no luck.

Probably not, since there's no real reason to do this.

But, if you start Xing from the bottom up, you can just tap each X pretty quickly and have them all closed in about 4 seconds.

r0k

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
Detroit

I took a look and sure enough I would have to click nine little x's to get rid of them all. I don't think this is such a big deal, though.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Just force quit Safari?

Doju

macrumors 68000
Jun 16, 2008
Hi,
Is safri better than IE? Thank you?
For browsers, incredibly. It's not even a competition. IE is the most pathetic piece of software ever, and it comes from the company with the most resources to make the best browser. Microsoft is almost insulting with the horrid quality release after release after release.

But this is an iPad forum. Safari or nothing. (Well, Safari or little Safari-wanna-bes slightly skinned.)

wolfpackfan

macrumors 68000
Jun 10, 2007
Cary, NC
I wish Safari had a button on the toolbar that would close the current window and revert back to the previous window displayed. I find myself constantly doing this.

NuMystic

macrumors member
Dec 26, 2008
Command+Option+W will close all windows.

Know this is an old thread but it comes up in Google if you search for "close all windows safari" so I wanted to share this for anyone else that stumbles across it.

Krazy Bill

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2011
Command+Option+W will close all windows.

Know this is an old thread but it comes up in Google if you search for "close all windows safari" so I wanted to share this for anyone else that stumbles across it.

On the subject of "stumbling"... this is an ipad forum.

OriginalClone

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2012

Start a private browsing session then close all when it prompts. Exit private browsing after all tabs are closed.

boston04and07

macrumors 68000
May 13, 2008
Yep. Press and hold the show all windows icon at the bottom right and choose close all.

Thank you, thank you!! Haha I had no idea this was there and I was building up to an obscene amount of open tabs on my iPad because closing them all was getting to be more and more of a chore. This is awesome. It's the little things! :)

Reactions: splessala
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.