Close App Option Missing - SOLVED

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by bwthor, Jul 10, 2011.

1. bwthor, Jul 10, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2011

bwthor macrumors member

I've jailbroken my iPad 2, and before if I double clicked the home button I could long press on one of the running apps to close it down. Now when I do it, the icons just shake around, but the little x or whatever was there is gone, and i cannot close my apps.

I'm sure it is something I've installed, but there are so many things, i don't know where to start. Anyone else run across this?

SOLVED:
    Found the problem. It was iProtect. One of the settings is "Disable App Deletion", which disables the little x when you press and hold on an app. The same setting also disables the little red (-) that pops up when you press and hold in the task switcher.​

2. Phil-82 macrumors member

With the given info, all anyone can really say is restore, but if you like to keep the backrounder bar clean , like me, theres an tweak on cydia called Remove Background (Big Boss) that lets you clear that by doing the action that you set (Mine is hold the home button for 2 seconds and it clears)

It works great and its free.

3. Cooolpenner macrumors regular

Using this too, because I've exactly the same issue on my ipad1

4. bwthor thread starter macrumors member

Found the problem. It was iProtect. One of the settings is "Disable App Deletion", which disables the little x when you press and hold on an app. The same setting also disables the little red (-) that pops up when you press and hold in the task switcher.