Close app with gesture

Husky1992

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 26, 2011
rome
I have just discovered the four finger gesture that let you scroll between opened apps and it works great. Is there a gesture to automatically close the apps?

Husky1992

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 26, 2011
rome
What do I need to do with the 5 fingers?:D
It does the same thing when I pinch with 4

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007
Draw all 5 fingers together, like a claw machine.

TEG
I've been doing that for sometime now. The App window will close but if I check by either pressing the Home button x2 or sliding 4 fingers up on the screen I see they are still running. I then have to manually close them. :confused:

Husky1992

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 26, 2011
rome
I've been doing that for sometime now. The App window will close but if I check by either pressing the Home button x2 or sliding 4 fingers up on the screen I see they are still running. I then have to manually close them. :confused:
Exactly, maybe I didnt explained what i'd want... I already use the "put ur app in the background" gesture. I'd want something that definitely closes the app

Husky1992

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 26, 2011
rome
4 fingers work fine. Also, the only reason to force quit an app is if it's misbehaving. Otherwise, you're just removing them from the list, not freeing up any space in memory or processor cycles. These links explain it well.

Why not to bother closing apps:
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4211
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmh4gqlEMMo
Ok got it. The only reason to close apps is so u don't have to scroll 7 pages before u find what u want to open...and is there a way to get a preview on the sliding apps while scrolling with 4 fingers?Or is there a way to send the less used apps in the last page?

SteveAbootman

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2008
Ok got it. The only reason to close apps is so u don't have to scroll 7 pages before u find what u want to open...and is there a way to get a preview on the sliding apps while scrolling with 4 fingers?Or is there a way to send the less used apps in the last page?
As you use more apps, the previously used ones will automatically fall further in the list. You can't get a preview of the state the app is in, nor manually arrange them.

dejo

Staff member
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
The App window will close but if I check by either pressing the Home button x2 or sliding 4 fingers up on the screen I see they are still running. I then have to manually close them. :confused:
No, they're not still running. That bar does not contain the currently running apps but the most recently used apps. Only one app can be currently running. Although some apps can have background services still running.

iOS: Understanding multitasking

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.