close call

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by waterskier2007, Jun 20, 2007.

1. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

so about a week and a half ago my dad told me he would buy me an iphone for a graduation present. i got really stoked, until yesterday morning when my mom hinted that she was not ok with me getting one. so basically then i got super pissed off. then last night we had to have a parent/son chat. and i had to basically go through every feature of the iphone (you can imagine that took long) to convince my mom that she should let me get one. and now i think were back on track and i should be ordering it the 29th. success!

2. meagain macrumors 68030

3. DVNIEL macrumors 6502a

DVNIEL

How old are you? Who do you think you are getting pissed off at your mom cause she didn't wanna buy you an iPhone?

4. waterskier2007 thread starter macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

no i got pissed because of the fact that my dad guaranteed i would get one and my mom didnt bring up the fact that she wasnt ok with it until a week and a half later after i had already let it sink in that i would be getting the coolest piece of technology currently on the market. i am grateful that i am getting one i just wish she would have told me this earlier so i could have avoided the whole suspense building process

5. indig0blue macrumors member

I TOTALLY AGREE! It is pretty sad state of affairs with today's youth. I think kids grow up watching all of these reality shows with rich people and they start to emulate what they see on tv.

To waterskier2007 - Nobody owes you an iPhone. Especially your parents. If they want to get you one then you say "Thank you." If they decide not to get you one you keep your mouth shut. Maybe you should try getting a job. You could then save your money and buy it yourself. I know that is a bit of an odd concept but it seems to be a popular approach for many people.

I can say that I am pretty well off and fortunate to be very successful. I can also say that I would never blindly spoil my child with unwarranted gifts. ESPECIALLY if my child were to throw a fit if I decided not to get something for her.

Parents need to teach their children to earn things and also to role with the punches when things don't always go the right way. You can't always get everything you want. That is life.

6. indig0blue macrumors member

Wow! You have some real issues. I hope you never have to go through a difficult time in your life. My guess is that you would curl up in the fetal position and scream until someone comes and makes it all better.

7. waterskier2007 thread starter macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

are u serious, wow i guess you have nothing better to do than criticize people on the internet. your life is really meaningful

8. Gonzlobo macrumors 6502

I thought Paris Hilton was in jail.

9. indig0blue macrumors member

LOL!!! :D

I was thinking the same thing.

To Spoiled WaterskiBaby - I think you will find more people feeling like this than agreeing with you. ;)

10. waterskier2007 thread starter macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

this is true, but if everyone went around the forums, voicing their negative opinion on every topic, this place would be filled with posts of people battling it out

11. meagain macrumors 68030

Oh come on guys.... who wouldn't be upset/dissapointed about being promised the messiah phone with hopes/anticipation ramped up at full speed only to have that squashed. I'd be crushed for sure. He was pissed off at the situation and that's human nature.

12. indig0blue macrumors member

Hey Gonzlobo! I think we found Nicki Hilton!

13. AdeFowler macrumors 68020

AdeFowler

I'm glad you're getting your iPhone waterskier2007, I hope you like it. Maybe do something nice for your mum and dad in return; cut the grass, clean some dishes, anything. Just let them know how much you appreciate them, because they're good to you.

Have a nice day ;)

14. indig0blue macrumors member

Well said! :)

Hey waterskier, listen to Southernboy!

15. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

Ahhh, quit your bickering. :p Yes kids these days are spoiled little turds but they're kids and also human. I'd be annoyed if I got excited about getting something like that and suddenly got the rug pulled out from under me. Still, nothing to panic over.

Glad the crisis is over. Be appreciative to your folks for this too.

16. Gonzlobo macrumors 6502

It's not a crisis, it's a phone.

17. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

it's not entirely serious, it's tongue in cheek... slightly sarcastic. ;) sorry you missed that

18. waterskier2007 thread starter macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

i agree with all of u. it was stupid for me to get pissed off, but i guess saying pissed off was not the right words, more of upset, and not because they wouldnt buy it, i mean they already do a lot for me anyways, but more or less because i got this sprung on me after getting my hopes up, and i am appreciative of the folks. i wasnt aware a post like this would turn into world war three:)

19. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

I can totally see the mom's face. We've spent x money raising this kid. We're gonna go 100k in debt for him to go to college, and now he wants and iPhone:eek:

Dude, waterskier, you better kiss your parents butts for the next two years while your enjoying your iPhone.

20. waterskier2007 thread starter macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

haha trust me i have already been planning on that

21. DVNIEL macrumors 6502a

DVNIEL

Hey waterski, I didn't mean to cause an uproar, it's just I see you have a lot of neat toys on your sig, and I don't know if you've provided that yourself or your parents did. I'm just a big fan of mom thats why. So congrats on your impending iPhone, I'm sure a lot of tension will ease up on the forums once we get to blow our load over the iPhone.. hahaha!

22. waterskier2007 thread starter macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

no thats cool, and the 2 imacs are not mine there the families, but the rest of the family isnt really into computers so i basically claim them. and yeah i know a lot of people on this forum are really anxious/tense about the release, so once thats over with it should be alright

23. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

Its nice to have rich parents.

Cuz I cant think of any other type of parents who would blow $600 on a freakin' telephone!

$600 can buy alot of school supplies, clothes, books, music, dvds and other useless youth-loving crap.

im not gonna bash on ya, as much as others, but cmon, you're a rich kid playing in the mostly-middle-class-forums. there is a hint of jealousy of course, but mostly, its an example of "the-MTV-generation" many seem to loathe here.

i dont think any of the posts were unwarranted or even mean-spirited, just typical.

:p

24. waterskier2007 thread starter macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

i am not loaded, its a graduation present. my parents arent just like, "hey lets blow 600 bucks on a phone". i also love how you guys act like im ungrateful for this. i am extremely grateful to get the most amazing piece of technology at the current time

25. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

Well, you're possibly going to college. That $600 could be used towards thing(s) that are far more useful in college than your cellphone.

thats all.

no one says you wont be grateful or that your acting childish, just that your parents ARE somewhat rich if they can afford $600 on a phone, and quite possibly still a few grand more on stuff youll actually NEED in college. Am i right?

:D