Close multiple apps at the same time

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by benhollberg, May 13, 2011.

1. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

Just a quick tip, when on the iPhone (iPod touch or iPad as well) you can close multiple apps at the same time by pressing the little red "x" at the same time on more than one app. I have pretty small fingers so I can do three at a time but most people should be able to do two at a time.

I posted about this earlier in another thread and people didn't seem to know about it so I thought I'd just share it in it's own thread.

2. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Awesome! Had no idea whatsoever. Thanks and thank you multitouch!

3. Hans Brix macrumors 6502

I wish there were a way to close all open apps at once.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

RemoveBG.

5. benhollberg thread starter macrumors 68020

benhollberg

Doesn't that require jailbreak?

6. FamiliaPhoto macrumors 6502a

FamiliaPhoto

It does but works like a charm.

7. kre62 macrumors 68000

OH NOES NOT TEH JAILBREAK!!!1

Seriously, it takes 30 seconds, doesnt change your phone at all, and gives you access to the goodies. Just do it already.

8. benhollberg thread starter macrumors 68020

benhollberg

No.

9. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

X2 and thanks for posting this. I saw it in your other thread and had no freaking idea we could do that. I hope you're able to help more people by posting this.

10. kre62 macrumors 68000

I hope you dont think you are taking the moral high ground. Unless you think installing software on your personal laptop is wrong, there is nothing immoral, illegal, risky, shady, etc about jailbreaking.

No it does not unlock your phone, and No it does not allow you to pirate apps. You have to personally take multiple extra steps to accomplish either. And Yes, itunes, the app store, etc all work exactly the same.

11. benhollberg thread starter macrumors 68020

benhollberg

No I don't think that. I just don't want to jailbreak.

12. LightSpeed1 macrumors 6502a

LightSpeed1

13. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

I jailbroke once and after a while I decided to go back to factory settings. The improvement in my phones performance was significant and noticeable when I went back to factory settings.

This is why I don't jailbreak.

14. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

I've been a longtime iPhone user and never knew this was possible, thanks for that. Then again, I also never really needed it.

15. Shenaniganz08 macrumors 6502

any minute drop in "animation smoothness" pales in comparison to the power and functionality of a jailbroken iphone

a) bs settings = brightness change ( do this at least 4+ times a day)
    b) Miwi
    c) Infinite folder ( can have 100 apps in one folder = saves time not having to flick through lots of pages)
    d) NOspot = gets rid of spotlight = no annoying spotlight from accidentally double clicking home screen
    etc etc

16. maclaptop macrumors 65816

maclaptop

The term jailbreak is very fitting and unique to the iPhone. Using this method one can use their iPhone to get a small taste of the freedom offered by Android.

Android is an advanced stand alone smartphone. A true handheld computer, the possibilities are wonderful.

As much as I enjoy my iPhone 4, I'd be kidding myself if I didn't admit its look and feel are somewhat outdated. Some claim "it just works", and they're right. But so does an old Buick :)