Closed Clamshell & External Monitor

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by TonyBaloney, Sep 7, 2015.

1. TonyBaloney macrumors regular

Hi Guys,

Question about external Monitor Setup: I have a 2015 MacBook Air. For my work at home I have an external monitor connected via mini display port to dvi and a bluetooth keyboard and bluetooth mouse. I have my settings set to have the mouse and keyboard wake up the computer. When my computer is asleep, and plugged in, and I try to wake the computer, my ext monitor wakes but I get a "input not supported" message on the display. I have to unplug and replug the mini display port adapter to display correctly. Not the biggest of problems but still a minor annoyance. Any ideas on how to resolve this? Thanks!!!!

2. motrek macrumors 68020

Sounds like a problem with the monitor. Might want to search for the model number and see if anybody else has a similar problem. (Probably not Mac-specific so you might find a lot of responses.)

3. TonyBaloney thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the reply but I just figured it out. Turns out upon waking, the monitor would default to vga for whatever reason even when it was on auto detect. I changed it to always default to dvi. Works like a champ now!!