Closest Apple Store Is 3 Hours Away

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Oblivion426, Jul 4, 2010.

1. Oblivion426 macrumors member

Hi there,

I was trying to figure out what to do for my current situation. I currently do not have an Apple store within my area. The closest is around 3 hours away. I wanted to exchange my iPhone 4 for another as my screen currently has about 18 spots, each about the size of a pinhead, in a cluster in the center of my screen. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should do? I bought the iPhone on apple.com. If this has been discussed prior, I apologize.

Thank you!

Oblivion

2. grantsdale macrumors 6502a

You can either make the drive or call Apple and have them do an advance exchange. I believe the AE costs $30 upfront, and they put a hold on your CC for the total of the phone. You get the new one, pack up the old one, and send it back.

3. Alonzo84 macrumors 6502a

Alonzo84

You could try a Best Buy that carries Apple products. I can't promise that this will work as I have never tried. But it may be worth a shot.

4. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

You must live in the boondocks if you live 3 hours from the nearest Apple store.

Make the drive or pack it up and send it to Apple. I'd probably make the drive and make a day trip out of it. Go to civilization and be with the people in the towns.

5. 3kids macrumors regular

Three hours here too. I have always called Apple and I get a replacement the next day. The box is used to send the bad part back. They include tape for the box and an under layer of the shipping label is the return label. It truly is at my door the next day. They have almost always taken a credit card number saying if the bad unit isn't return in 30 days they will charge it. I haven't ever had a fee.

6. knoxtown macrumors 6502

You don't have to be an *******.

7. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

Just make the drive. 6 hour round trip is not that big of a deal. Of course, make sure you have everything setup ahead of time so you don't make a trip for nothing. ;) Now THAT would really suck!

8. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Just call AppleCare. Not worth a 6 hr. drive. If the Level 1 tech isn't helpful don't be shy about asking for a level 2 and insisting on a replacement. You shouldn't have a prob. though, but the Level 1s are often dense and the extent of their Apple product knowledge is the handbook they read out of and whatever info is online.

9. deeddawg macrumors 604

Wow. Someone failed Geography if they think the only way to be 3hrs from an Apple store is to be in the boondocks.

I say do the advanced exchange unless you have some other reason to drive six hours round trip. Cheaper when you factor in the cost of your gasoline too.

10. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

Even the smallest/most redneck of towns have Apple stores! Relax guys. :D

11. greenorblue macrumors member

greenorblue

keep digging that hole man.

12. ryanwarsaw macrumors 68000

ryanwarsaw

Said the smallest. most redneck guy around.

13. Floydian macrumors newbie

Damm. That sucks. There are two Apple stores here in Manhattan alone.

Another reason why I would never live out in the sticks amongst the little people.

14. makefunnyfaces macrumors 6502a

Wow, that was completely uncalled for. What the hell is wrong with the boondocks? I live in a town of 600 people, & I live three hours away from the nearest Apple Store.

As for the OP, you'd probably just have to send it back if you can't make the drive to the Apple Store. I know it sucks, but I feel your pain. I had SO many problems with my first generation iPhone, & had to send it back twice. Waiting is not easy!

15. makefunnyfaces macrumors 6502a

WOW. Just WOW. You aren't even worth a response.

16. frunkis54 macrumors 65816

frunkis54

Wow you guys are rude. At 222 apple store in 41 States alot of people are gonna be a few hours away. what is that 9 states that don't have any apple stores. but seriously mail it away.

17. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

I'm a total city snob. I admit it. Nothing personal. My comments were lighthearted.

18. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

People in here are pretty rude. Just because someone is hours away from an Apple store does not mean they are in the "boondocks". Currently I'm in Tallahassee, FL which is definitely not the boondocks. The closest Apple Store is in Jacksonville, FL....3 hours away.

Anyways, back to the OP. I'm pretty sure you can exchange it through the mail for free if it's under warranty but I'm not 100% sure. Go to this link and follow the instructions.

19. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

Everyone has an opinion. Mine is that Tallahassee is absolutely the boonies. Again, it's just my opinion. If you like it there then that's great. I would hate it (because I've lived in various 'boonies' locations).

20. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

I got really lucky when shopping for a new house. I ended up buying one less than three miles from my friendly Apple store. This is one mall I actually like to go to... :)

21. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

Oh trust me, I hate it but I didn't choose the location of the university. But where I grew up is literally less than 1.5 square miles and we have 2 traffic lights so that's probably why Tallahassee doesn't seem anything like the boondocks to me.

22. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

Yeah, it's all relative.