closing lid and battery still drained?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by klmaj, Jul 28, 2012.

1. klmaj macrumors member

Hi everyone I love you all. I'm a semi newbie here so have mercy...

I close my lid as I've done over the years with my PC laptops and if I open it a day or so later the battery is still fine. However on my shiny new 13 inch 2012 macbook pro this is not the case.

I closed the lid many nights only to open it the next morning and battery has depleted. What am I doing wrong please? Can anyone advise me. Thanks so much.

2. Jagardn macrumors 6502a

My guess would be that you have an app running that is not allowing it to sleep. You will normally lose a little overnight, but it should not completely die.

3. klmaj thread starter macrumors member

The lights do go out when I close the lid. I just don't get it. From a full charge last night to 53% this morning. Very odd.

4. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I agree with Jagardn, there has to be a program that is keeping your MacBook Pro from sleeping.

Try telling it to sleep from the shutdown menu instead and see if it still happens?

5. igiboi macrumors member

This is happening to me right now, I've got no clue whats happening as to when I got the macbook last month, it was fine when I shut the lid. but 2 weeks ago, its starting to eat up battery like 50% off battery

6. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It didn't stay in sleep mode. For sleep issues, you may find some useful ideas here: