Closing MacBook Lid behavior

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Mammut, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Mammut macrumors member

Mammut

Hey guys!

Is it possible to trigger password input right after closing the MacBook lid but give it 5-10 minutes after start of the screensaver?

I normally have a very fast screensaver trigger time, but usually I use the macbook as long as the lid is open. Not every single minute, but most of the time I'm sitting in front of it while the lid is open. So I really don't want a password input request right after the screensaver turned on. But different situation after closing the lid: This normally means, that I won't use the MacBook in the next minutes / hours / ... so I'd appreciate to trigger a password input request no matter after which time the lid will be open again after closing.

Is there a way to control this behavior in settings? At the moment it seems like that after closing the lid only the display shuts off. After reopening the lid, the macbook is immediately back for usage but without a password request after the first few minutes.

Settings at the moment:
    Screensaver:5 minutes
    Sleepmode Monitor: 15 minutes
    Sleepmode MacBook: 1 hour
    Password: 10 minutes after Screensaver / Sleepmode

Any ideas?

2. Rok73 macrumors 65816

Rok73

3. Mammut thread starter macrumors member

Mammut

Because I like my AppleTV-like Screensaver.

4. Rok73 macrumors 65816

Rok73

Well, however, you cannot set two different times for when a password is requested unless there is a setting for it in the preferences.