Clothes for short men

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by callmemike20, Dec 30, 2010.

1. callmemike20 macrumors 6502a

callmemike20

Where the heck do I buy jeans that fit correctly and shirts with sleeves that aren't too long. I'm 5ft 6.5in and I cant find jeans that aren't extremely baggy. I need a 31x28 or 32x28 depending on the brand and I can't find them anywhere. I tried 31 and 32x30's, but 30 seems too long on anything but skinny straight legged jeans, which aren't comfortable. As for shirts, I can't find a decent shirt that doesn't hang over my fingers....

2. lewis82 macrumors 68000

lewis82

Where the heck do I find shirts with sleeves long enough? I'm 5'11" and 125 pounds...

I have luckily found two brands of jeans that fit me (Lois and Point Zero), but in your case it wouldn't be of any help. As for shirts I wear short sleeves, I don't have any problems with them.

3. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Have you looked for jeans at Sears? For example, the Boot Cut Levi's come in sizes close to what you mention, and they're neither baggy nor super skinny.

4. Gonzo3333 macrumors 6502a

Gonzo3333

Try the GAP. I am tower in at 5' 7" and they work perfect for me. I usually pick up a pair of 33x30 boot cut and they seem to treat me well. However, the cuffs of my jeans get a little bit torn up because they are slightly too long. That is the look that I go for anyway so to each is own.

5. cantthinkofone macrumors 65816

cantthinkofone

Try aeropostale or af. Im not a fan of AF clothing usually but the one pair of jeans I have from them are really good quality jeans. They were given to me from a friend of mine who went up a size.

aeropostale usually has good sales.

6. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

I've had the best results at Macy's. They have a large selection of different brand names and each with several different cuts of their own.

I'm very finicky about the jeans I buy. I found Nautica Relaxed Fit is the best for my build (Levi's never fit right). I don't even bother shopping anywhere else now for clothes. I was never satisfied with the fit of anything I bought at Pacific Sunwear, Nordstroms, JC Penney's, &c.

7. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Get a pair of 31x30" and have them hemmed?

And as far as shirts are concerned, do you mean "work" shirts, or shirts in general?

8. Mousse, Dec 31, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2010

Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

Dress shirts come in various sizes. They're usually label with the chest size followed by Regular, Long or Short. Regular being for average sized men, Long being for skinnier men, Short for stockier men. There are also some labeled Athletic cut for those who are more ideally shaped than the average man.

With regular shirts, you're pretty much outta luck without trying them on first. Labels like S, M, L, XL and so on doesn't help much those who are skinnier or stockier than average.

Or you can take matters into your own hands by learning how to sew. Lots of women have admired the fact that I know how to hem my own pants, unlike their useless husbands.:p

9. Nabooly macrumors 6502a

Nabooly

For jeans try the Buckle. they offer every fit you can think of, and also offer free tailoring of the jeans. So they can make them shorter for you. Buckle jeans are purposely made super long so they can get tailored for customers. The BKE brand isnt too expensive either. From 60-90$, which is really good for jeans.

10. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Or buy them from a place that hems them for you, like http://www.landsend.com jeans, chinos, dress pants, dress shirts all exactly the right length.

The jeans can be made with an inseam down to 26".

B