Cloud backup app for Mac OSX 10.7.5? iCloud Drive, Dropbox, Google Drive don't work

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by augu2000, May 8, 2018.

1. augu2000 macrumors member

Hi,

I am trying to get a cloud backup app that works with Mac OS 10.7.5 (Lion). I was using Dropbox and Google Drive, but they have stopped working on my OS. iCloud Drive does not work either -- it requires Yosemite as a minimum. I can't upgrade my OS beyond 10.7.5 because my compute (white 2007 Macbook) does not support any newer version.

I can still use any of the above services via a web browser, but that is very inconvenient, since I have a lot of files to backup that I constantly update.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

2. stefankm macrumors newbie

I am using Arq Backup, which is working very well. However it is a paid software (worth the money IMHO) and I cannot tell about the performance on 10.7.5. Used it with Yosemite without problems before and I am running Sierra now (on a 2012 Mac Mini)

3. jwolf6589 macrumors 65816

jwolf6589

UPGRADE. I have a macbook pro Mid 2012 and it works like a charm with the latest OS (High Sierra). I am sure you can get one on CraigsList or Ebay for less than $500.

4. Jeffois macrumors member