cloud based PDF reader

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Dentifrice, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Dentifrice macrumors 6502

Hello,

I'm looking for an app, maybe you can help me.

I'm reading a lot of PDF files for my IT certifications. I don't have my ipad with me all the time, so I'm looking for an apps that exist on IOS and on MAC/Windows.

This way, I can read my books from home on my ipad and when I'm at work I can use my windows pc to continue reading. I do a lot of annotations, so I'm looking for an app that I can upload the file in the could and continue where I was, whatever platform I'm using.

iBooks on Mavericks would have been nice but no windows support. I though of Kindle for PC but it doesn't support personal files on windows...

So do you know a cross-platform reading software with clould and annotations support ?

Thanks !

2. /V\acpower macrumors 6502a

I use the app "Documents" on iPad, it support PDF reading and PDF annotations.

I know that annotations I make on a PDF on iPad with Documents are compatibles with the ones in Preview on OS X, I think they are with Adobe Reader too on Windows.

Also, Documents is fast, beautiful, useful and totally free, I highly recommend it with anyone who use a iPad.

It is also compatible with Dropbox, Google Drive and Skydrive.

3. Dentifrice thread starter macrumors 6502

4. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Take a look at Goodreader on iOS. It syncs with Dropbox so that would get your info synced back to Mac/Windows both.

5. Dentifrice thread starter macrumors 6502