Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nutsnbolts

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 11, 2008
Anyone have any opinions regarding these? I currently use SugarSync with my PC and well, I'm thinking of continuing to use Sugarsync for my cloud.

I know that there is DropBox and iDisk and from what I gather, Dropbox is very good and iDisk is very very sucky!

I do have a MobileMe account and I'm thinking of actually getting rid of it (69-99 per year). The only reason I use the MobileMe account is simply for Contacts Management. Until I find a real solution to sync Outlook contacts on my PC and hopefully with the MAC and my iPhone, will I begin to migrate out of MobileMe.

Then again, MobileMe does have "Find your iPhone" security.

Anyway, anyone can comment on what most "Mac" users are using?

ksmith80209

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2007
Dropbox rules all things - especially now that they have an iPhone app so you can access your files, music, etc.

I've had it for a year (paid version) and just renewed for another year. That should tell you something right there...

Zedsdead185

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2006
UK
I second the vote for dropbox. Started using it a while ago. Its great. I don't need to use a lot of online storage and so the free option for me is perfect. Plus, the option to put things in the public folder and send links to other people or sites makes it so much easier to share files with other people.

samh

macrumors 6502
Oct 29, 2009
I started using Microsoft's Live Mesh before I made The Switch... Now that they have a SL compatible client for Mac I've gone back to that. I've found it super simple to use and have no trouble accessing it or with syncing on multiple versions of Windows + mac, plus ability to use web client from any PC. The integration with my existing folder structure was really easy, as well.

gordman

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2008
You pay all these money just for Contacts Management? You should definitely try something else, there are softwares you can use for free if I'm not mistaken for this sort of things. As for the cloud computing I never used Sugarsync but I read reviews on it and everybody says it's a good option.

Mackilroy

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2006
Holy gravedig Batman!

Odds are the guy uses something else now – this topic is a year and a half old. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.