Cloud Mate: Manage all your iCloud documents in one place

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rougeExciter, Aug 27, 2012.

1. rougeExciter, Aug 27, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2012

rougeExciter macrumors newbie

rougeExciter

We just wanted to announce the immediate availability of our latest Mac App, Cloud Mate, and give you a few details about it.

The link at the bottom includes a short video of the app in action, but please feel free to ask any questions you might have here.

Thanks for your attention!

Cloud Mate 1.0 ($4.99) for Mac OS X 10.8.0 or above
    Cloud Mate brings all of your iCloud documents into a single place, letting you move files in, out, and between of the iCloud apps using a Finder like drag and drop interface. All iCloud apps are supported, including those not available on the Mac platform.

Link: http://www.rwe-uk.com/app/cloud-mate

Review
    "Finally, A Better Way To Manage Your Documents Using iCloud And The Little Mac App That Can, And Does" - Mac360, http://mac360.com/2012/08/finally-a...oud-and-the-little-mac-app-that-can-and-does/

2. sabahm macrumors newbie

Hello Rouger,

Looks great! Can you please elaborate a bit more about the storage size and syncing credibility of CloudMate?

3. musicpenguy macrumors 6502a

I have been looking for something very similar to this - kind of like an iDisk replacement - any plans for an iOS version?

----------

Um was very excited then found out it is not a Mac App Store app. Don't buy any apps that aren't in the Mac App Store - no sale unless you can get it there :(

A great idea and something I have a need for - just get it in the App Store.

4. rougeExciter thread starter macrumors newbie

rougeExciter

Hi there,

Cloud Mate does not provide any cloud hosting services, it simply allows you to manage all your iCloud stored documents in one place. Therefore the capacity limitation is the same as your iCloud account.

Rouge

----------

Sadly this isn't an option as sandboxing would stop us being able to step out of our bounds in this way. I appreciate and respect your position, but without the current Apple rules, it would be a no go. We do have Mac App store apps... but not this one...

Thanks very much for your interest.

Rouge

5. Carl Sagan macrumors 6502a

Carl Sagan

Blimey what a limited world you live in!

6. musicpenguy macrumors 6502a

I've found replacements for most of the apps I used to use. The only big holdouts are Levelator and Bartender.

I do mostly video and web work - so those apps are pretty much all there - Final Cut Pro X Suite - Elgato Turbo 264 HD - RapidWeaver - Feeder - the list goes on and on - there is surprisingly replacements for most of the apps I used to use - or App Store versions of the apps I bought previously.

7. rougeExciter thread starter macrumors newbie

rougeExciter

I can assure you that this just isn't possible to do within the current App Store rules without limiting the user experience. Cloud Mate is developer signed (and therefore is fully compatible with Gate Keeper), we are retina ready, but when given a choice between zero config, or the user having to know a "secret" path... we pick zero config.

I hope you find what you are looking for.

Rouge

8. sabahm macrumors newbie

Hello Rouge,

Thanks for the clarification! That means it is a sort of app to manage your iCloud stuff! i also found an app named Rainbow which allows individuals to manage multiple account on their IOS!

9. rougeExciter thread starter macrumors newbie

rougeExciter

That's right, think of it as "Finder for iCloud" and you won't go far wrong.

Is Rainbow jailbreak only?

10. sabahm macrumors newbie

No, you can get it from iTunes as well! Work on both, i believe!

11. rougeExciter thread starter macrumors newbie

rougeExciter

All your iCloud Documents in one Mac App (and iOS too if you like!)

Cloud Mate on the Mac does the heavy lifting to burst the iCloud open for you... Really nice review of Cloud Mate for iOS from Matt Neuburg on Tidbits:

http://tidbits.com/article/13751

For more details on Mac and iOS versions, go to

http://www.rwe-uk.com/app/cloud-mate