Cloud service links to wrong apple ID?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Waggins, Nov 1, 2011.

1. Waggins macrumors newbie

So, I have no laptop/desktop to speak of. (I do have a ****** emachines desktop in storage, and inaccessible.) I haven't needed one since I got the iPad 1 last August, 2010. I got an iPad 2 in September, and borrowed my dad's MBP to initialize it. I logged him out of iTunes, logged myself in, backed up the old iPad, and restored it to the new iPad. Then, about a month later, I used his MBP to upgrade to ios5. Logged out, logged in, did backup, and I was done.

Now, when I check my iCloud settings, it says it will sync with Dad's apple ID not mine. This is frustrating, but I don't know how to fix it. I had a similar issue with common apps asking me for his password to update, instead of mine, but I just deleted them and redownloaded them, and haven't had problems since.

Anybody have a solution?

Also, related... I don't have any other devices cloud-ready yet. I will eventually upgrade the old iPad to ios5, but it works fine for my 4year old to watch Netflix and my wife to check Facebook. I'm not so worried about syncing with other devices (though I'm expecting an iPhone 4s any day now...) but I just don't want to have to untangle 200+ apps and contacts and songs, etc. down the road. I'd like to straighten this out ASAP, to avoid the confusion later.