Cloud service with 2016 Office

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by dago5252, Oct 6, 2015.

1. dago5252 macrumors member

dago5252

I am currently running a Macbook Air, iPad Air & iPhone 6 plus. I am one of the few with my company that uses Mac. I just download & installed 2016 office last night on my Macbook. I downloaded the Microsoft apps on my iPad, but having some problems. Since I am on of the few Mac users, I need to keep word, power points & spread sheets Microsoft compatible. I would like to use iCloud to share my documents between devices but I cannot edit the docs on my iPad. I get the message that I need a 365 subscription. Is there a way to use iCloud to share & edit documents in Microsoft office apps?

Thanks

2. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

Can you edit it on your iPhone and Mac?

And you can try to use a free Microsoft account to grab basic editing features on Microsoft office app on iOS.

I am an office 365 enterprise user so I don't know what would happen for not-subscribed users.

3. dago5252 thread starter macrumors member

dago5252

Yes, i can edit on my Macbook with 2016 office. But I would like to be able to use iCloud so I can use my iPad to edit my docs as well.