Cloud Storage for a Wedding

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by realitymonkey, Sep 17, 2012.

1. realitymonkey macrumors member

Hi All,

I'm getting married at the end of the year and am looking for a neat solution that everyone could easily use to share photos.

Key criteria is:

Large amount of storage (100GB +)
    Low Cost (ideally free)
    Can accept RAW's etc.
    Really simple to use.
    To add files not additonal software needs to be added to a computer.
    Mac/Windows/iOS/Android etc etc compatible.

My ideal would be a personally hosted dropbox or the like so that anyone could simply add their files but can't seem to find an elegant solution. I have machines that are on 24/7 so that is not an issue.

Anyone got any clever ideas ?

Thanks,

RM

2. MagicWok macrumors 6502a

3. realitymonkey thread starter macrumors member

But thats not idiot proof upload, as you need to individually share folders with people then upload them. Also people have to register with dropbox.

4. ocabj macrumors 6502a

ocabj

Do you just want people to upload/submit files and not have to worry about displaying the images on the share?

You can always just get a vhost, write a simple web application that accepts file uploads, and have people upload via that form. I'm sure you can find a virtual hosting site that will have the necessary storage.

Better yet, just use the vhost you have your wedding website on.

You could even secure it up a little and do OAuth with the Facebook API.

If you care about actually displaying the uploaded photos realtime, I guess you could go with Menalto Gallery, but I'm not sure if there is RAW support via plugins.

Paid services like SmugMug and Zenfolio have RAW support, but as far as I know, don't allow uploading to your galleries except by your own account.

5. dlegend macrumors 6502