Cloud storage question

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Gina3333, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Gina3333 macrumors newbie

Thinking about buying ipad air 32GB and have read something about having to pay for cloud storage. Can someone explain? I don't want to pay out monthly for anything else once I make big purchase of Ipad Air.

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

http://www.apple.com/icloud/features/

You get a free Apple iCloud account with your new iPad, and that allows you store up to 5GB of data online. If you need more online "cloud" storage than than the included 5GB, you have pay. Here are the upgrade prices.

3. Gina3333 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your answer! So when I want to save something in cloud storage I would select cloud storage some where on tablet? And/or I would choose to keep on tablet?

4. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

It depends on the application you are using. For example, your new iPad entitles you to a free download of Apple's Pages word processing application and that app by default just saves everything to iCloud. The iOS Numbers spreadsheet application works the same way.

Your iCloud documents are stored both locally on the iPad and in iCloud so you can see the documents from other devices.

5. Gina3333 thread starter macrumors newbie