CloudBrowse Adobe Flash App About to be Pulled from App Store

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by ClaireL, Apr 15, 2010.

1. ClaireL macrumors 6502a

ClaireL

Saw this on my Twitter and downloaded CloudBrowse.

"Apparently there is an application on iTunes US which brings Adobe Flash to iPhone. Its called CloudBrowser and it's about to be pulled."

2. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

1. It's not an iPad app, so not sure why it's in the iPad section
    2. It's been in the App Store for over a month, I doubt it'll be pulled if it hasn't already been
    3. It's not a real browser, you're using someone else's browser and displaying it back. I would NOT trust an app like that.

All this app is doing is displaying back an instance of Firefox running on a server somewhere. I wouldn't trust it for normal browsing. Ok for just trying out running Flash/Java stuff, but I wouldn't expect Flash games to work on it (although I haven't tried, so I can't say for sure).

3. ClaireL thread starter macrumors 6502a

ClaireL

First time I've heard of it and I thought iPad owners might want to know because after all, some of us sometimes use iPhone apps pixel doubled.

No Hulu sadly but YouTube flash works which is no big deal and some flash games.

Mod please move if you wish, No biggie :)

4. stevemarshalluk macrumors newbie

5. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

6. None Such macrumors 6502

Thanks man, downloaded it. That will make my wife's day, she has some site for work she needs flash to use.

7. None Such macrumors 6502

now it's saying: "Connection Failed. can't connection to Cloud Browse service"

:(

8. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

I saw this a while back and thought this is essentially a VNC app and the only app to run in the VNC session is the browser. Something just irks me though that there's someone on the end going "... come on baby, type in your password!" and waiting.

9. Cinemagic macrumors 6502

Apple's not pulling it, the developer is pulling it (according to the message that appears when you first open the app). Flash goes through their servers and their servers are getting overloaded.

10. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

Sounds like it's a big stunt to draw attention to the app to me.

11. NielsDR macrumors newbie

rip CloudBrowse :c
    there should be a new (prob better) application like CB soon tho, there's no going back now :)

12. Oman macrumors regular