cloudy day in london!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by snapper07, Nov 14, 2007.

1. snapper07 macrumors 6502

snapper07

Hi there had my first experience with the cloud network today was all good logged me in fine once i found it among the other 30 locked wifi spots you get when your out doors in london!
    I was stood outside the pub which had it not bad reception 2 bars pages loaded nice and quick.

Just a thought but will it be possible in new updates to get it so that it just finds and logs into the cloud network when your in range so you don't have to find it and connect it?:rolleyes:

2. sparkyms macrumors 65816

well now you've logged on to cloud once, it should log on whenever you're in range of Clour (if you have WiFi switched on) because all Cloud WiFi broadcasters SHOULD have the same SSID.

3. snapper07 thread starter macrumors 6502

snapper07

Thats great will see it if it works later thanks.

4. zign macrumors 6502

zign

So what's the range of the cloud network? I live at Mansion House and get no Cloud on my mbp. I tried getting it while on a bus from Mansion House to Liverpool street and i get a very weak signal.

5. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I believe the Cloud cover the Square Mile with a mesh WiFi network, they then have various hot spots dotted about else where. There might be more info on exact points of coverage on their site.