Club 365

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ssls6, Apr 22, 2016.

1. ssls6 macrumors 6502a

ssls6

I made it this morning :) Owning my apple watch has been a really positive experience for me. FWIW my active calorie goal is set at 820
    IMG_3312.jpg

2. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

3. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

Good stuff. I was expecting someone to get the 365 award this week, although I wouldn't have put any money on it.

4. Speechless macrumors 6502

Damn. I really need to start working out :/

5. ssls6 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ssls6

I know Apple has sort of "gamified" getting your daily exercise but for me that's really worked. After you get a run going, it becomes a mental game not to give that string up.

6. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

Doggone. Mine, at each weekly summary, has been suggesting I drop my goal to 540 to help me reach it more often.

7. BlueMoon63 macrumors 68000

Multiple thumbs up.

8. DeutscheMark macrumors regular

DeutscheMark

Got it surpisingly a little early on wednesday, don't ask me how that's possible though. o_O
    My goal was always set to 500.

Welcome to the Club.:cool:

Attached Files:

9. sean000 macrumors 6502a

sean000

The gamification definitely helps. I used a Fitbit for about a year and a half before I got the Apple Watch. I prefer Apple's rings as a daily indicator, but I did like some of Fitbit's creative badges. For example you'd get a Skyscraper badge for climbing 100 flights in a single day. Once I also got a "New Zealand Badge" for reaching a total distance equal to the journey from the Shire to Mordor :)

As far as my Apple Watch fitness goals I am definitely well behind your pace! On the days I can go for a long bike ride I have no trouble burning 800 calories or more, but since I have small children that doesn't happen as often as I'd like :(. Oh well... gives me goal to shoot for... Maybe next year I will raise my goal from 450 calories to 550.

And congratulations! That's an awesome achievement.

Sean

10. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

if the gamification gets people to move then it's all good!

I worked out every day prior to getting my apple watch.... but I have a desk job and would find I was sitting way too long.... now I'm motivated to get my stand goals... not only every day but for every waking hour even beyond the 12!!!!!

I'm a couple of days from my 365 since I didn't get my watch exactly on release day.....

11. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I hit my exercise/calorie goal maybe once a week =/

12. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

I'm a little obsessively sick. I should have mine but I'm an Apple Seed beta tester and last year I had to do a full restore early in the beta program (July 1st). At the time iTunes backups were not supported because of a bug (now I keep iCloud and iTunes backups). I lost about 40 days (but into 3 months) so I won't get mine until the 1st of Aug.

13. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

I have a lot of respect for those of you can can manage do make your goal every single day.

14. ssls6 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ssls6

Hardest day.....was on a flight from San Jose to Dallas. Plane got rerouted to Austin due to weather about 3 hours in (so close to Dallas). Sat on the tarmac in Austin for 2 hours before heading back to Dallas for a total of about 6 hours in the plane. Midnight was approaching so I was forced to do isometric arm curls for about an hour. The stewardess came by twice asking if I was freaking out or something to which I replied "I have to get my rings".

15. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Or you could have just replied: Yes. :D

16. GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

Congratulations. :eek: Wow. I'm in awe at how dedicated some of you are to fitness. That's amazing.

I try to get 100 calories burned each day and meet the stand goal. I'm a housewife and gardener and don't currently do any special workouts except a few little things here and there each week to tone my stomach to get the pudge under control. Nevertheless I did lose 20 pounds and got back into bikini shape, for which I'm thrilled. I'm turning 50 soon, so I didn't think that would ever happen again and I'm frankly shocked and so is my family. :confused::eek:

17. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I made it 210 days in a row and missed it by 3 calories. Wasn't paying attention. Ended up restoring phone and watch and starting over. At day 70 right now. Great job to those that have done it!

18. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike