Club 365

BarracksSi

Suspended
Jul 14, 2015
Good stuff. I was expecting someone to get the 365 award this week, although I wouldn't have put any money on it.

ssls6

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 7, 2013
I know Apple has sort of "gamified" getting your daily exercise but for me that's really worked. After you get a run going, it becomes a mental game not to give that string up.

sean000

macrumors 68000
Jul 16, 2015
Bellingham, WA
I know Apple has sort of "gamified" getting your daily exercise but for me that's really worked. After you get a run going, it becomes a mental game not to give that string up.
The gamification definitely helps. I used a Fitbit for about a year and a half before I got the Apple Watch. I prefer Apple's rings as a daily indicator, but I did like some of Fitbit's creative badges. For example you'd get a Skyscraper badge for climbing 100 flights in a single day. Once I also got a "New Zealand Badge" for reaching a total distance equal to the journey from the Shire to Mordor :)

As far as my Apple Watch fitness goals I am definitely well behind your pace! On the days I can go for a long bike ride I have no trouble burning 800 calories or more, but since I have small children that doesn't happen as often as I'd like :(. Oh well... gives me goal to shoot for... Maybe next year I will raise my goal from 450 calories to 550.

And congratulations! That's an awesome achievement.

Sean

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
if the gamification gets people to move then it's all good!

I worked out every day prior to getting my apple watch.... but I have a desk job and would find I was sitting way too long.... now I'm motivated to get my stand goals... not only every day but for every waking hour even beyond the 12!!!!!

I'm a couple of days from my 365 since I didn't get my watch exactly on release day.....

Reactions: ssls6

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
I'm a little obsessively sick. I should have mine but I'm an Apple Seed beta tester and last year I had to do a full restore early in the beta program (July 1st). At the time iTunes backups were not supported because of a bug (now I keep iCloud and iTunes backups). I lost about 40 days (but into 3 months) so I won't get mine until the 1st of Aug.

ssls6

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 7, 2013
Hardest day.....was on a flight from San Jose to Dallas. Plane got rerouted to Austin due to weather about 3 hours in (so close to Dallas). Sat on the tarmac in Austin for 2 hours before heading back to Dallas for a total of about 6 hours in the plane. Midnight was approaching so I was forced to do isometric arm curls for about an hour. The stewardess came by twice asking if I was freaking out or something to which I replied "I have to get my rings".

GrumpyMom

macrumors G3
Sep 11, 2014
Congratulations. :eek: Wow. I'm in awe at how dedicated some of you are to fitness. That's amazing.

I try to get 100 calories burned each day and meet the stand goal. I'm a housewife and gardener and don't currently do any special workouts except a few little things here and there each week to tone my stomach to get the pudge under control. Nevertheless I did lose 20 pounds and got back into bikini shape, for which I'm thrilled. I'm turning 50 soon, so I didn't think that would ever happen again and I'm frankly shocked and so is my family. :confused::eek:

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Ventura County
I made it 210 days in a row and missed it by 3 calories. Wasn't paying attention. Ended up restoring phone and watch and starting over. At day 70 right now. Great job to those that have done it!