iPod Clue that Bluetooth iPod is Coming

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
3,939
175
Madison
Or perhaps you need some add on to your current iPod that will stream the audio over bluetooth. I believe Logitech makes a pair of Bluetooth headphones for use with the iPod.
 
Comment

paperinacup

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2005
413
0
It would be pointless to put bluetooth on an iPod. Even if you were using a bluetooth headphone the static and range would be a VERY annoying factor. The quality of music also would not be the same. If you were going to sync wirelessly it would take FOREVER. It takes about a minute to sync my phone with my calender on the computer. Imagine transferring songs....... :rolleyes:
 
Comment

cr2sh

macrumors 68030
May 28, 2002
2,554
3
downtown
paperinacup said:
It would be pointless to put bluetooth on an iPod. Even if you were using a bluetooth headphone the static and range would be a VERY annoying factor. The quality of music also would not be the same. If you were going to sync wirelessly it would take FOREVER. It takes about a minute to sync my phone with my calender on the computer. Imagine transferring songs....... :rolleyes:
There's a huge market right now for bluetooth headsets used in conjunction with bt enabled cell phones. Why would an ipod be any different?

In the end, though... I really think people want small, white, cute, cool looking headphones.. and they don't want to wear big, clunky, nerdy looking headsets with built in BT.

*shrug*

But I don't think the idea is anything to roll your eyes at.
 
Comment

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Jul 28, 2003
6,994
3
Citizens Bank Park
paperinacup said:
It would be pointless to put bluetooth on an iPod. Even if you were using a bluetooth headphone the static and range would be a VERY annoying factor. The quality of music also would not be the same.
The sound would be fine. I've heard music via bluetooth and it was really no different than wired ear phones.
If you were going to sync wirelessly it would take FOREVER. It takes about a minute to sync my phone with my calender on the computer. Imagine transferring songs....... :rolleyes:
Only on the initial download. When most people sync their iPod, they only add a couple of songs and a playlist or two. It shouldn't be a problem.
 
Comment

ja0912

macrumors member
Aug 10, 2002
86
0
I think Bluetooth 2.0 headphones are a great idea, and I believe have PLENTY of bandwidth for listening to music.

But yeah. syncing your iPod wouldn't be as fast as a wire, so I wouldn't use that. I'm also not buying any of these Bluetooth 1.2 headphones that have been hitting the market.
 
Comment

steve_hill4

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2005
1,856
0
NG9, England
Koodauw said:
Or perhaps you need some add on to your current iPod that will stream the audio over bluetooth. I believe Logitech makes a pair of Bluetooth headphones for use with the iPod.
They do, but at £100, I am not to bothered about them. Bluetooth in an iPod is one feature that doesn't really excite me in the same way as video content and others do, it is something that I would not use.
 
Comment

Le Big Mac

macrumors 68030
Jan 7, 2003
2,596
172
Washington, DC
ja0912 said:
I think Bluetooth 2.0 headphones are a great idea, and I believe have PLENTY of bandwidth for listening to music.

But yeah. syncing your iPod wouldn't be as fast as a wire, so I wouldn't use that. I'm also not buying any of these Bluetooth 1.2 headphones that have been hitting the market.
The big advantage would be the headphones. Who cares about syncing? That's not a big hassle. Plug in, sync for a minute, done. It's once a day or two, and you're probably charging it up anyway. You'll never be totally wireless given a battery, anyway.
 
Comment

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
10,090
21
UK
i would much prefer a wifi ipod so i could play music to my airport express.
 
Comment

Jay42

macrumors 65816
Jul 14, 2005
1,348
441
Hector said:
i would much prefer a wifi ipod so i could play music to my airport express.
....or a wifi video iPod that could connect to your video airport express hooked up to your tv. oh man, the ultimate remote control... :D
 
Comment

bigandy

macrumors G3
Apr 30, 2004
8,852
0
Murka
just to shut you all up, i just got bluetooth headphones for my iPod. and they're GREAT, just like tony the tiger.

so there. :D

but god no, not for transferring songs. not bluetooth for that. yuk.
 
Comment

comic book guy

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2005
22
0
I read (sorry cant remember where) that Bluetooth V.2 can support CD-Quality streaming, which should be enough for audio and control sequences for the ipod.

Since Apple is trying to integrate the ipod in cars of more and more manufacturers (see actual hotnews), i think this would be a mighty cool way. You could just take the ipod in your car and control it over the cars controls and displays (without pliugging it in of course).

But Motorola might as well refer to and add-on for the ipod.
 
Comment

steve_hill4

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2005
1,856
0
NG9, England
comic book guy said:
I read (sorry cant remember where) that Bluetooth V.2 can support CD-Quality streaming, which should be enough for audio and control sequences for the ipod.

Since Apple is trying to integrate the ipod in cars of more and more manufacturers (see actual hotnews), i think this would be a mighty cool way. You could just take the ipod in your car and control it over the cars controls and displays (without pliugging it in of course).

But Motorola might as well refer to and add-on for the ipod.
Well, that would be an interesting development. Bluetooth would not interest me normally, but if you could get a car stereo with Bluetooth, that would eliminate the need for the lower quality iTrip. They are technically illegal here in the UK, and so many still ask for them, that bluetooth would be a fast and legal way of playing in your car. The only problem there would then be convincing people to part with a couple of hundred smackers for a bluetooth enabled stereo.
 
Comment

Similar threads

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.