Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mopppish

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 27, 2005
Hi, all.
Microsoft Word always worked fine for me before on my C2D MBP. Other than starting up a little slow due to Rosetta, it ran smooth as I would ever want.
Ever since the 11.3.5 update, it starts to act funny with the two-finger scroll. It'll work fine for a while, but then whenever I do the two-finger scroll it'll stall for a second and then go haywire catching up.
I deleted all of the Office prefs I could find, and it seemed to help for a while, but now it's back to doing that. Other than that, it seems to work OK. No crashes or anything, just annoying.
Anyone else have the same issue?

Father Jack

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2007
Ireland
I downloaded the 11.3.5 update for the wife's C2D Macbook this morning. She was using it tonight for 2 hours. No problem :) (not yet anyhow!!)

FJ

mopppish

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 27, 2005
Actually, I think I have an idea of what it is!
There's an Acrboat PDF Maker plug-in that loads now since I installed my girlfriend's copy of CS2 on my MBP. Could this be it?

pknz

macrumors 68020
Mar 22, 2005
NZ
Personally I have given up with MS Office updates for the Mac version.

Since 11.3.3 all we have been told about the updates is:

Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.3 Update This update contains several improvements to enhance security and stability, including fixes for vulnerabilities that an attacker can use to overwrite the contents of your computer's memory with malicious code.

mopppish

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 27, 2005
I think the PDFMaker plug-in was actually the problem. That was installed when Acrobat 7.0 was installed with CS2. I just uninstalled Acrobat and deleted the PDF maker plug-ins. It seems OK now, but I'll need to mess with it more first.

actionslacks

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2003
LA
Entourage Crashing

I made the mistake of running this update and now my Entourage crashs everytime i try to open it. I repaired the database, but still no luck.

Anyone have any ideas?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.