clunky USB and bluetooth

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by judojustin, Mar 9, 2017.

1. judojustin macrumors newbie

So Ive noticed lately that my mid 2012 MBP wont always connect to my ue megaboom bluetooth speaker. It used to connect automatically whenever i turned the speaker on. But now it shows the speaker in the device list, says not connected with a flashing loading flower next to it. I can get it to work but I would be constantly having to restart the computer every time i decide to pair. Oh wow it just decided to pair as im typing this. Wow. Still I dont im supposed to be troubleshooting a 3 month old speaker everytime i want to use it.

Also noticed that my USB slots have not been reading the first time i plug in something. they are really hit or miss. Usually take a couple tries of pulling out and putting it back in just to get the machine to recognize whatever is in there.

I recently upgraded to an SSD and bumped up to 16gb ram. I did a fresh re install of sierra via USB last night. It actually took me ALL night as it kept getting stuck at "Sierra will install in -12 seconds" yes thats right "negative 12 seconds" where it stayed until i shut it off after about 15-20 minutes.

Anyway could these problems be related? solutions?

2. judojustin thread starter macrumors newbie

update. It still acting up. But even more strange is the inability of the mac to show that ive turned off bluetooth. I turn it off and it does nothing. still says its turned on.