cMBP 13 display quality?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jacobss, Nov 5, 2012.

1. jacobss macrumors 6502

I have a windows laptop 15 inch with 1080p display and it's one of the best laptop displays I have seen, but the laptop is a little bulky and I'd like something that is more portable.
    - How good is the cMBP 13 display quality and is it okay for Photoshop?
    - I have an SSD, can I change the cMBP 13 HDD myself?

2. blaake macrumors regular

without knowing what laptop you have i cant answer your first question. But you can easily change the HHD your self. all you need is a smaller phillips head and a t6 driver. Apple has instructions on their website and it DOES NOT void your warranty

3. baummer macrumors 6502a

1. You are defiinitely going down in terms of resolution and probably screen clarity. IMO, the cMBP 13" is perfectly fine ... but if you're used to full 1080p, you're going to be disappointed with the cMBP 13". I suggest you go to your local Apple Store or Best Buy and judge for yourself.

2. Yes you can change the HDD yourself. Ifixit.com has a good guide on it. There are also "tray kits" where you can swap out your optical drive and place either an SSD or another HDD in it.

4. markus843 macrumors regular

If you want, I have a baseline 13" 2012 cMbp laying around with photoshop, and many other programs. If you'd like I would gladly make a video and show you unedited clips of me using the programs :)

Just name the programs and I can do it for you

Edit: I noticed baummer already answered your questions, I'm still up for the video, though