cMBP and 27" Thunderbolt Display - quick question.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Jeremy M., Jul 3, 2012.

1. Jeremy M. macrumors member

Hey guys shall be buying a cMBP 15" 2012 this week and 27" display.
    Just wondering if I put the MacBook below the screen, will I be able to tell the OS that the 27" screen is above the MacBook? So if I move the curser upwards from the original screen, it will move onto the thunderbolt display?

Thanks, appreciate your answers guys!

2. RabidMacFan macrumors regular

Yes, you can. From the Display System Preference, you can move the box representation of your displays to match their physical placement. You can also adjust which monitor is the primary, and which monitor has the menu bar by dragging the little menu bar representation around.

3. Jeremy M. thread starter macrumors member

Thankyou.

In your opinion, if I use both the Macbook Pro screen and the Thunderbolt display together, will this lower the performance of my Mac in a program such as Logic Pro?

4. RabidMacFan macrumors regular

I use a 1080p display at work and don't notice any difference in performance when using it. I think these computers have enough power for at least 1 if not 2 external displays. I don't think you will notice any difference either, but I can't say for sure since I don't use Logic or have a Thunderbolt display.

5. lannisters4life macrumors 6502

Yep rabo's on the money.

I put an attachment to show you what it'll look like.

Attached Files:

6. Jeremy M. thread starter macrumors member

Thanks guys you have cemented my choice by answering my questions. Can't wait to join the 15" Macbook Pro club :)