cMBP config options change?

EwanMcTeagle

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 26, 2012
Lodz, Poland
I was just reading about the options change in rMBP configuration and looking at the options at the Apple page, then I tried to check the classic MBP options and I got "Oops..".

Maybe they're changing cMBP options too? I mean you could get 512GB SSD with Retina for $500, but with cMBP it was for $1000 if I recall correctly. Kind of unfair.

What do you think? Is it a "sign" of change or just a glitch?

Attachments

EwanMcTeagle

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 26, 2012
Lodz, Poland
Most likely a glitch. They'll have it fixed before too long.
Yep, seems nothing has changed. Too bad. Though I don't get it why (apart from sales perspective - pushing the RMBP) the 512GB SSD option with cMBP is $1000 and it's $500 with rMBP since it's way easier and faster to put put the SSD into the cMBP... But it's yet another reason not to buy SSD from Apple I guess.

eagandale4114

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2011
Yep, seems nothing has changed. Too bad. Though I don't get it why (apart from sales perspective - pushing the RMBP) the 512GB SSD option with cMBP is $1000 and it's $500 with rMBP since it's way easier and faster to put put the SSD into the cMBP... But it's yet another reason not to buy SSD from Apple I guess.
There was a small change, iWork apps can be preinstalled on the macs.

BertoM

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2012
Because a 500 GB ssd upgrade is completely different between the two machines. On a rMBP you are upgrading from a 256 GB ssd, whereas on the cMBP you are upgrading from a 500 GB 5400 rpm HD. The upgrade from 256 GB ssd to 500GB ssd on the cMBP is the same.