cMBP crappy battery life

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ashenfang, Nov 17, 2012.

1. ashenfang macrumors regular

My macbook pro used to have awesome batter life ~8 hrs or so. Then I updated to Lion because some of my software would no longer work without the update. Now, I am only seeing 2-3 hours of usage before having to plug in. All settings are the same. 50% screen brightness, not using super drive, just web browsing/office work.

I checked the status of my battery and it says the health is normal and only 102 charging cycles.

The only other thing I have done was shut off the computer. Press and hold control/option/shift/power button for ten seconds and then rebooted. I did not notice any change.

Any suggestions appreciated!

2. T5BRICK macrumors G3

T5BRICK

There was a noticeable drop in battery life going from 10.6.8 to 10.7.x or 10.8.x.

Anyway, I've found that Adobe Flash content just destroys my battery so I have installed click to flash. Now only the Flash content I choose actually runs.

3. itegypt macrumors 6502

itegypt

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

There are many factors that impact your battery life. See the BATTERY LIFE FROM A CHARGE section of the following link for details, including tips on how to maximize your battery life.

The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.