cMBP screen problem (anti-glare) - Help!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Spink10, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

I purchased my cMBP (specs in sig) used about 2 months ago. It has several marks in the display that are under the glass (I think). I have cleaned the screen multiple times. I have included pictures of the problem.

Think this has anything to do with the anti-glare screen? Is there some sort of protective on it?

Thanks for your help!

Attached Files:

2. Ploki macrumors 68000

Antiglare is a plastic sticker over the screen, seems it got damaged.

There is a way to remove it, but i wouldn't attempt it.

3. Spink10 thread starter macrumors 601

Spink10

Hmm - I wonder how it got damaged. I will book an appointment with Apple - see how much it costs or if its covered by warranty. Maybe its possible that is it faulty.

----------

You have a link to the process used to install the anti-glare im interested in looking at it - I would never try to take it off/repair it.

4. Ploki macrumors 68000

Sorry no. it's factory installed. It's basically the same screen as the glossy screen, except the glossy one has no antiglare sticker and no cover glass.

They will probably just replace the screen.
    http://blog.alexmorales.org/tag/lcd-matte-finish-repair/

5. Spink10 thread starter macrumors 601

Spink10

Repair screen - I am sure that costs a lot. Hopefully its some how covered by warranty - scheduled an appointment for tomorrow. It doesn't affect performance thankfully - its just annoying seeing it. :(

6. Spink10 thread starter macrumors 601

Spink10

Dropped it off at the Genius Bar - He had no idea how it was caused - seemed to indicate it would be repaired under warranty. :)

7. Spink10 thread starter macrumors 601

Spink10

Just want to praise Apple a little.

Just received my cMBP back!

Top lid/display replaced - which is nice since the previous owner scratched the lid / dented the side. Didn't know they replaced the whole lid when they replace the display. Very excited!

Bonus: They replaced Logic Board - Symptom as listed on repair form Caused Fan/Thermal Issue.

Thank you Apple - now all I need is to replace the bottom casing for it to look and be Brand New! :)