cMBP seems to have video issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by comics addict, Jun 8, 2014.

1. comics addict macrumors 6502a

A friend of my was asking me what could be wrong with his mid-2010 13-inch cMBP that seems to lag as he switches between spaces/desktops using mission control. Can't exactly describe it but the animations are jerky and slow when compared to my mid-2012 13-inch cMBP. He also tells me that when he plays League of Legends on his computer the screen seems to only animate half of the screen. Both are running OS X Mavericks and updated to 10.9.3 and we have tested resetting the NVRAM, SMC,log in as another user, check his log in items, rebooting the machine as well as run software update. The only things we have left to do is do either reinstall the OS or do a clean install. If all that fails then my last resort would be to run the Apple Hardware Test and verify what it displays. But from the symptoms would it be accurate is saying that the graphics card is getting near the end of it's life?

2. yjchua95 macrumors 604

The 2010 13" cMBPs are infamous for jerky animations, because the integrated GeForce 320M is a pretty weak card by today's standards, even worse than an Intel HD 3000.

So there's nothing wrong with it at all, jerky performance on that MBP is normal.