Cmd-backtick gone in 10.6?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ekellner, Jun 22, 2010.

1. ekellner macrumors newbie

Hi,

I just had my system rebuilt, and I can't get the "cycle through application windows" function to work right. I'm talking about the functionality that's usually on Cmd-backtick (Cmd-`).

What I want is actually to remap it to Cmd-§ to match the keyboard layout I first used. However I can neither find the command anywhere in the menus (so I cannot remap it), nor does Cmd-` actually work at all.

I'm wondering, I have now a German install of Mac OSX, 10.6.4. Before the rebuild I had 10.6.4 as well, and it was working then. Is the menu option hidden because of internationalization? FWIW I have an international English keyboard. Can anyone suggest where to look to enable this function? Where does it usually appear in the menus, if at all?

thanks
    elli

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. ergdegdeg Moderator emeritus

ergdegdeg

You can change it in System Preferences > Keyboard > Keyboard Shortcuts > Keyboard & Text Input > Move focus to next window in application

4. ekellner thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys, I got it straightened out. It turned out that the german install defaults to Cmd-< so that's why I wasn't able to find it.