CMDA Iphones Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SRRM, May 8, 2012.

1. SRRM macrumors member

My question has to do with CDMA Iphones. I know u can switch the Iphone CMDA to Cricket/Metro PCS but is it possible to switch it over to Boost Mobile/Virgin Mobile/TracFone Wireless/Straight Talk or U.S. Cellular?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You cant switch a CDMA iphone to work on a GSM network. Not sure about all but a bunch of the carriers you listed are GSM carriers so it wont work.
    About cricket and metro pcs they will have to agree to let the phone be activated on their network. I heard they're ok with it but if you try it on Sprint with a verizon iphone or vice versa they wont allow it.

3. SRRM thread starter macrumors member

Boost Mobile/Virgin Mobile/TracFone Wireless/Straight Talk or U.S. Cellular are all CDMA carriers

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I know straight talk or part of it uses AT&T's network and another division uses Tmobiles.
    Tracfone also uses GSM phones with sim cards but not sure what network it uses. Either way I think some of the companies you listed have agreements with both US GSM and CDMA networks.
    If you want to use your CDMA iphone on one of them contact them and ask for details.