cMP 5.1 with RX570 and Windows10 Driver-Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by pitchbend69, Dec 4, 2018.

1. pitchbend69 macrumors newbie

Hi, i hope you can help me.

I installed the old ATI Radeon HD 5770 and the RX570 at the same time during the installation of Win10 in EFI Mode. I only had a signal at the HD5770. After all updates and a restart the device manager detects the RX570 and i had a signal. I removed the Radeon, made a restart and everything was fine. So i installed the newest AMD Adrenalin gpu driver. Now the Mac hangs in a boot-loop with no signal on the RX570. The only solution for me is to re-install Win10.

My question: which drivers are you using for AMD gpu cards? Are the automatic windows-driver okay or should i use the official AMD drivers...but which version?

THX

Sorry for my english

2. bookemdano macrumors 65816

You should reinstall Windows in legacy BIOS mode (see h9's tutorial in the "Windows 10 without Boot Screens" thread). Only keep your RX570 installed, don't use the 5770 at all--you won't need it.

I have zero problems in Win10 with a Sapphire RX 580, so I think your issue may have something to do with the UEFI install.

3. pitchbend69 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thx, i'll give it a try...which gpu-driver have you installed?

4. bookemdano macrumors 65816

Just the default driver that Win10 installed automatically after first boot. It works fine for me but I don't game so it may be best to install the newest AMD-provided driver if you do.