cMP Firmware Upgraded 4,1 UK Sale Price, Any Ideas?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by BlueBubba, Nov 28, 2014.

1. BlueBubba macrumors member

Hello,

Could anybody help, I'm thinking of selling my Mac Pro (in the UK) but I don't know how much it is worth as I've made a few upgrades to it.

5,1 2.66 12 Core (Was a 4,1 2.26 Ghz 8 Core) (£275)
    Ati radeon 7950 mac edition (£308)
    128 GB Samsung SSD 840 PRO + Icy Dock (£145)
    1 TB WD Rotational Hard Drive
    16 GB RAM

Geekbench score 25304 Multicore

I'm unsure as to whether the firmware hack and processor upgrade would put potential buyers off, I know it is a faster computer now but ultimately it is a hacked machine. I would include the old processors if that makes any difference.

Any ideas how much I should list it for?

Thanks

2. Gav Mack macrumors 68020

Gav Mack

You shouldn't be put off with the 5,1 flash - many listed there buy it now from resellers like MacBank etc with good post sales warranty support are already flashed 4,1 models anyway. Make sure your listing says it is flashed and you will be fine.

I would search ebay for listings for your particular spec on auction with the sold and completed listings selected. Ballpark I'd say around the grand mark, perhaps more.

Beware if you list it on gumtree of the repeated scam tech support calls, phishing emails and texts sent off the web as I got far more of that than genuine enquiries with my 3,1 I sold only the other day. And that person was a really nice genuine fella and I was pleased it was going to a good home.

3. EdDuPlessis macrumors 6502

Just one question I have never ever asked or read about. Is there any physical difference between a 4,1 and 5,1 mobo?

4. brand macrumors 601

brand

The daughter board that plug into the logic board is different between the 4,1 and 5,1 and is not interchangeable. As far as the logic board itself being different I'm not sure but would say that they different because of the non-interachangability of the daughter boards.