Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Simon R.

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 25, 2006
Hi.

I recently bought a GTX 770 card for my Mac Pro (from MacVidCards) and it works like a charm - kinda. Often when my Mac boots, my main display (which is right now a 27" Eizo screen), will boot in "Optimized for SAMSUNG" resolution (I have a Samsung TV connected via HDMI, but it is often not on when I boot), and also it will boot in "mirroring" mode. I have to change it to "optimized for Eizo xxxx" and turn off mirroring, and all works well.

Anyone who can think of a solution to this? It is of course workable but pretty annoying that I have to do these "tweaks" on almost every boot.

EDIT: A little more info: Eizo is connected via Displayport, 2nd Dell monitor via DVI, Samsung TV via HDMI.

Last edited:

ghislain

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2009
Hi.

I recently bought a GTX 770 card for my Mac Pro (from MacVidCards) and it works like a charm - kinda. Often when my Mac boots, my main display (which is right now a 27" Eizo screen), will boot in "Optimized for SAMSUNG" resolution (I have a Samsung TV connected via HDMI, but it is often not on when I boot), and also it will boot in "mirroring" mode. I have to change it to "optimized for Eizo xxxx" and turn off mirroring, and all works well.

Anyone who can think of a solution to this? It is of course workable but pretty annoying that I have to do these "tweaks" on almost every boot.

EDIT: A little more info: Eizo is connected via Displayport, 2nd Dell monitor via DVI, Samsung TV via HDMI.

I had a similar problem with my nmp connected both to an asus monitor and to a samsung TV. Disconnecting the monitor and reconnecting it while nmp and asus monitor were running solved the issue. You may also try to re-define your primary display in system preferences..

Simon R.

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 25, 2006
Thanks, will try the last suggestion:)

I am on Yosemite 10.10.3 and yes I have latest nVidia web-drivers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.