Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macpro00

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 7, 2016
When my 5,1 puts the monitor to sleep... after wake, the resolution changes and I can't change to normal setting. It appears everything is off centered. I have to restart my machine for it to go back to normal. I am using an old LG L246wp. Otherwise, I have to disable the sleep setting. Zapping PRAM does not solve the issue.

Thoughts?
[doublepost=1455761657][/doublepost]I switched out cables/connections. Originally, I have DVI-HDMI cable. I did a shutdown and used display port-HDMI. It did not resolve the issue.

??

Last edited:

macpro00

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 7, 2016
I changed monitors and that resolved it. Looks like my LG is not liking my Mac Pro. Oh, well.

SIRmisterD

macrumors member
Dec 8, 2013
Could it be a driver issue? I'm sure you already thought of this, but it's definitely worth looking into.

macpro00

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 7, 2016
Could it be a driver issue? I'm sure you already thought of this, but it's definitely worth looking into.

Yeah... been scratching my head on this one. Apparently, it is a monitor issue. Based on my findings, the EDID is what the issue is. Basically, it is how the monitor is speaking with the cMP.

Any brave souls who have have the experience with overwriting EDID for OSX?

Here are a couple of interesting articles:

Script to fix EDID OSX
Overriding EDID

Thoughts?
[doublepost=1456670853][/doublepost]One more thing.... LG has monitor driver (for my specific model) available on their web site. How does one install or copy to OSX folders?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.