CNET.com, do you guys ever notice how they attack Apple especially their ipods?

Mood

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2005
NY
That's all there is to it. Who can point me to an Apple related article at this site that doesn't have something negative to say about the good folks in Cupertino CA? Even when reporting on their successes, the editors at C|Net consistently tinge their message with some kind of FUD generating speculation pointing to their impending doom. This device is in a whole other genre of devices - not even a second cousin to the iPod...

go to cnet.com and it'll be saying 5 reasons not to buy an ipod. it does this over and over again every day (with different articles)

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Yeah I have noticed this a lot, but then again CNet is paid by people to review their crap. I never look to them except for real life user reviews.

Daveway

macrumors 68040
Jul 10, 2004
New Orleans / Lafayette, La
I visit CNet daily and have been quite agravated by them lately. As much as they report about the iPod, they also go against it. CNet makes no sense to me anymore. One day they are making a shrine to it and the next they are trashing it down.

One thing to understand about CNet is that they ARE VERY ad based and paid for their reviews. Look around their page. It's flooded with Dell ads. As a result almost every Dell product is highly rated. Look at the advertisements and look at the ratings. The payoffs are quite obvious.

And all this I believe is driven by the editors. The head editor tries to speak like he knows tech but he doesn't and he hates anything not Dell/MS.

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal

FFTT

macrumors 68030
Apr 17, 2004
A Stoned Throw From Ground Zero
CNET is clearly biased by their ad content, but I'm
actually pleased with many of the articles in eWeek
and extremetech.

You still get some pretty strong Windows bias from a few of the contributing writers, but they can't find much wrong with Mac OSX and those who really try it have been very impressed.

Superdrive

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2003
Dallas, Tx
How do you watch these .avis? My quicktime is missing components, and in an Unapple-like move, they send you to a component pages where YOU figure out what you need. :confused:

Lost-T

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.