Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stoid

macrumors 601
Originally posted by 7on
What? I've never ran out of "life" for my iPod. I even used it for 9 hours straight. I have the 2G though, but the 3G should get a good 8hours. Though I have noticed the charge being less when I don't leave my iPod plugged in all the time.

Yes, even when powered off, the battery will very slowly discharge.

SiliconAddict

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2003
Chicago, IL
ARRRRGGGGHHH!!!

Originally posted by stoid
The 5 reasons to not buy an iPod just got one more of the useful reasons axed. Now with the microphone you can make digital recordings.

*Slams head into keyboard in frustration* It's like talking to a lead ladened brick wall.
frusty.gif

From the article: Apple recently announced the availability of a voice-recorder accessory for the iPod, but there's still no way to use the device to record high-quality audio.

They even note that the recorder is available!!! For the love of god use those skills you were given in grade school and READ!! They are talking about line in high quality recording. The iPod CAN NOT DO THIS. They can get mono voice recordings through a $50 accessory and if this story:
https://www.macrumors.com/pages/2003/11/20031122184928.shtml

pans out they will be able to do high quality pass through recordings through the Griffin Tech iTalk. (Again more $$ to get this feature vs built in.) Please note the date of this rumor 11/ 22 vs. the C|Net article of 11/5. I'm guessing that C|Net is now expected to be clairvoyant when it comes to articles they write.

music stores honestly DO suck

Why? Have you used Music Match? If you have I'll give you a bit of creditability if not.... I've purchased 2 songs on MM downloading is as easy to accomplish as iTMS. In fact it has some rather cool features iTMS does not. Example. If you let it MM can scan your collection of songs and suggest music that you otherwise might have not considered. I've used this method to find several good songs that I went back over to iTMS and purchased. Say what you will of the iTMS competition there are some good ideas out there that didn’t come from Apple.

beefcake

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2003
Baltimore
I think the CNet ratings are biased on the surface. Dell notebooks are always rated much higher than their reviews make them seem. However, if you take the time to read the review and get past the inflated Dell ratings, you'll see that its a very good, objective resource.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.