Cnn video clips

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jrrjbl, Mar 25, 2008.

1. jrrjbl macrumors newbie

For some strange reasons I can't open these clips any more. I can open YouTube, MSNBC, etc, just not CNN.

I have Flip4mac installed as well as VLC but no luck. I do have these set that forces activation from applications section in order for them to work. Being very new to Mac, I probably am doing something very simple wrong.

Would appreciate your help

2. Cyroceon macrumors 6502a

Cyroceon

I honestly don't know, I just tried mine to see if there was a problem and I played the "Obama on the beach" video just fine. Google the problem.

3. jrrjbl thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply. I do need windows media player, per Google search, which Flip4 Mac supplies.
    So now I think I need to ask if you can have F4M installed in such a way that it automatically takes over when a clip is activated or do have to go through a save, open with, etc action? It may be just a mistake in my using the application.

4. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Did you install the web browser plugin when you installed Flip4Mac? If not, that would explain the behavior you are experiencing. It's an optional part of the install but it's checked by default.

5. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

What webbrowser are you using? They use browser ids to control who can watch their videos. For instance, I can't watch anything on cnn.com without switching my browser ID from omniweb (which I use) to safari 3.04. I sent them a bug report about this a couple weeks back. Maybe they're actually trying to fix it but instead just messed it up worse.

6. jrrjbl thread starter macrumors newbie

I can't remember installing any browser plug ins. I did it right after I got Imac and transfer from PC to Mac was being a nightmare. Is it something I can add afterward or going into the F4M application setup??
    Using FF latest as default and have been for a long time. Never had an issue with CNN before.
    Appreciate the help though.