CnnGo

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Simm0nS777, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Simm0nS777 macrumors 6502a

Is anyone else having issues watching live tv on the cnngo app on the AT4? I have two Apple TV 4's and whenever I try to watch the live to stream it gives me an error saying the operation could not be completed. I've tried restarting and resetting on both. I am signed into my cable provider. I used to use it every day and out of nowhere it stopped working.

Please let me know. Thanks!

2. benjitek macrumors 6502a

benjitek

Works for me, except it randomly exits during live playback. Very much like SlingTV performance-wise. I also have a 2016 Roku Streaming Stick and have found CNN-Go and SlingTV both perform much better there than on the ATV4.

3. jdillings macrumors 65816

I checked and it's currently working for me. I would try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. That's what fixed it for me a couple weeks ago when the live stream stopped working for me.

4. BuffaloTF macrumors 6502a

Seems to be out for me as well. On both ATV4 and a Roku.

5. Simm0nS777 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I've uninstalled and reinstalled on both ATV 4's. Restarted. Reset to factory. ATV is up to date.

I just found something else interesting out today. I get the "an error occurred loading this content" when I hit 'watch ccn live', but I do not get the error when I hit 'watch cnn international live' that's below that. That one works perfectly. This is driving me crazy!

6. Zorn macrumors 6502a

Zorn

Are you on iOS 10? I'm getting the exact same behavior, the app is completely broken.

7. BillGates1969 macrumors regular

BillGates1969

Exactly what I am getting. 3 X ATV4, 2 on tvOS 9.x and one on tvOS 10.0 Beta. I'm sure it used to work. I'm in the U.K. but use smart DNS so my house appears in the US and I had put it down to that, even though all the other apps such as ABC, NBC Sports etc work fine off my daughter's US cable subscription. Weird.

8. Simm0nS777 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I am on iOS 9. Also not using a smart dns. I've kind of boiled it down to being some sort of setting on my router but have no idea what it would be.

9. BillGates1969 macrumors regular

BillGates1969

Not sure if in my case it's the router as the CNN to go web app works great in Safari on my Mac?