Co-worker just bought 2.53GHz last weekend

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Harleyhum, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Harleyhum macrumors newbie

A co-worker just bought the 2.53 GHz MBP last weekend...he was aware there was a good chance of upgrade but it didn't matter too much b/c he doesn't need it for anything other than browsing, word processing and photo editing.

What I'm wondering is if it would be worthwhile to return the machine, pay the 10% restocking fee ($150) and then buy the current gen 2.4GHz machine for $1199. Once taxes are included for buying the new machine he would save about $100...right? I'm wondering if there's any reason to not suggest this to him.

P.S. He might just decide to keep what he has and not deal with any of the hassle...and I would fully support that decision given that what he has is more than capable of doing what he needs it to do. However, money is tight around here and $100 is $100.

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

If it was bought at the Apple Store, it can exchanged for the updated model.

If it was not bought at the Apple Store, then your coworker would need to contact their retailer about their policies.

3. aristobrat macrumors G5

If he bought it at an Apple Store and he chooses to keep his old model, he's probably eligible for a refund (if he asks before his 14-day return window is up).

When Apple announces a refresh, they lower the price on the prior models. If that happens within 14 days of someone purchasing it at the older, original price, they'll adjust.

4. Harleyhum thread starter macrumors newbie

He did buy it at an Apple store...I will pass info onto him...thanks!!!