Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shaggymax

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 8, 2013
Lanc, Penn USA
Surprised there is no information on here about Laser Engraver / Cutting Machines and Lightburn Software. I have been using an Omtech Machine for the past 6 months and has worked flawlessly with Lightburn Software (macOS).

From my Mac, I send the file to the laser machine as if it was a networked printer. Just wanted to post my positive experience using this machine with Lightburn software on macOS 12.5, in case anyone here on MR was curious about compatibility and ease of use.

Reactions: npolly0212

satcomer

Suspended
Feb 19, 2008
The Finger Lakes Region
Looks like this device is very small business use! Get a Mac mini Intel only version software! A non-starter for M1-2 by this time! sense all it take a recompile to make a Universal version! A big oversize this late in game in 2023!

Reactions: Tagbert

alan698

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2023
My friend has a lot of experience with laser engravers and I bet they could answer some questions for you. Link in my bio.

npolly0212

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2015
I have been running 2 xtool diodes, an atomstack diode for 1.5 years and just recently upgraded to the 150W OMTECH Co2 laser, and also a 60W Mopa fiber laser. All run off of lightburn and i love it.

Have my own side business doing laser engraving and cornhole boards.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.