Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shappp91

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 11, 2014
the photos apple provides make it seem so dark, but a youtube video i recently saw makes it seem much more vivid/bright.. I've been trying to get something similar to the royal blue but wasn't lucky enough to get that color since apple discontinued it.. anybody have the new cobalt? provide pics?

thanks!

Reactions: puckhead193

TorontoSS

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2009
the photos apple provides make it seem so dark, but a youtube video i recently saw makes it seem much more vivid/bright.. I've been trying to get something similar to the royal blue but wasn't lucky enough to get that color since apple discontinued it.. anybody have the new cobalt? provide pics?

thanks!
I don't have photos. But I saw it in the apple store and tried it on with my gold aluminium watch (the gold from last year, not this years). I found it to be definitely brighter than midnight blue and it brought out the gold way more than the midnight blue does. I think it's a really great colour. Don't think it's as bright as royal blue though. The purple was next to it and that was super bright. this is kind of in between the purple and midnight - where its noticeable without being flashy. Hope this helps.

Reactions: shappp91

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
I have the Ocean Blue and I would say it's very close to that blue. Maybe a shade brighter... maybe... It could just be because my Ocean is a little dirty from wear.

It is not midnight blue and not Royal blue.

Reactions: shappp91

shappp91

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 11, 2014
I don't have photos. But I saw it in the apple store and tried it on with my gold aluminium watch (the gold from last year, not this years). I found it to be definitely brighter than midnight blue and it brought out the gold way more than the midnight blue does. I think it's a really great colour. Don't think it's as bright as royal blue though. The purple was next to it and that was super bright. this is kind of in between the purple and midnight - where its noticeable without being flashy. Hope this helps.

that's a great description thanks for that!
[doublepost=1506359200][/doublepost]
I have the Ocean Blue and I would say it's very close to that blue. Maybe a shade brighter... maybe... It could just be because my Ocean is a little dirty from wear.

It is not midnight blue and not Royal blue.

I have the ocean blue as well, only got it as an exchange cause midnight blue was too dark. Thanks for your input!

pcall1128

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2015
Pennsylvania
Just picked up the colbolt blue tonight. Took a few comparison photos: in 2nd photo, it’s second from left.

Attachments

• 4F1F3B05-9145-4729-8666-FC076C5F3BA7.jpeg
    4F1F3B05-9145-4729-8666-FC076C5F3BA7.jpeg
    969.7 KB · Views: 2,635
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,757
Reactions: gatorknight904

shappp91

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 11, 2014
Just picked up the colbolt blue tonight. Took a few comparison photos: in 2nd photo, it’s second from left.

Wow it looks pretty dark in that 2nd photo! I need to pay a visit to the Apple store soon to see it in person lol. They really need to bring back the royal though

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)

thanks!
Hop on over to the iPhone accessories forum. Someone had pics of leather iPhone case & watchband in cobalt. I’ll try to find it.

Edit - Found it.
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/the-iphone-8-8-case-thread.2068088/page-7#post-25120844

Laryl

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2014
AZ
It’s in the order I listed, from left to right. Royal Blue is lighter then the other two
Thanks! Surprised as to me royal blue means a very dark rich blue. Not sure which of the first two is my favorite but I like them!

SoN1NjA

macrumors 68020
Feb 3, 2016
See for yourself

11_BCBF1_A-_DB92-4915-8_B82-4_BF6_A874_EF6_C.jpg

I would buy it immediately if I had a white ceramic, but I have a SB and I don’t like the coloured bands with it, currently have a Ocean Blue SB just lying around because of this

Laryl

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2014
AZ
See for yourself

I would buy it immediately if I had a white ceramic, but I have a SB and I don’t like the coloured bands with it, currently have a Ocean Blue SB just lying around because of this

I have a space gray and would love to have the cobalt and ocean blue.. blue is my weakness lol

Reactions: SoN1NjA and xDKP

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
See for yourself

Which blue is this? Way to many shades of blue... haha
I have a midnight and the blue nike. Don't know if I NEED another blue band....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.