Coca Cola drinkers: MyCokeRewards.com?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ravenvii, Aug 31, 2008.

1. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

I've heard of this for a long time, but never considered signing up.

I'm just wondering if I should sign up? Is it worth it? Any feedback or comments from anyone here who uses MyCokeRewards.com?

2. Sideonecincy macrumors 6502

I signed up when they first started doing it, my problem is that I never save the caps. I think I read somewhere on the internet in order to get the top prize, you would have to drink 4 gallons of coke each day for the entire contest, then you will have around the right amount of winning points.

3. ayzee macrumors 6502a

ayzee

Dont bother.
    You have to drink stupid amounts of coke to claim anything that is close to useful in their online store.

It actually worked out quite well for me as I realised just how much coke I was drinking, and have now nearly entirely cut coke out of my diet :)

Just to give you an example, after drinking about 25 bottles of coca cola I was able to buy this (poor excuse for a )screenwipe that took over a month to get to me! WOW
    [​IMG]

4. Galley macrumors 65816

Galley

I save PepsiStuff points, but it takes a long time to collect 60 points to get a free CD. At least it was shipped by Amazon, so it arrived in a few days.

5. da2005pizimp macrumors 6502

i must agree it's not really worth having to drink all that soda and save the points. My aunt has been doing it for the past year and hasn't gotten anything grand.

6. tresbien macrumors regular

tresbien

my mom drinks ridiculous amounts of diet coke, and has religiously been saving the reward points for probably the past two years (or more), and has an insane amount. She collects them because she figures if shes going to spend money on something, why not get something in return? You might as well do it, I mean..why not? by collecting them, its not hurting you or costing you money, unless you buy more specifically to get more points, then thats just stupid.

7. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

The point isn't to drink soda in order to get stuff... but IF you are drinking the soda anyway... just collect the points, and you can get rewarded with things. It would certainly be cheaper to go and buy stuff than to try to drink enough soda to get it (and easier on the kidneys and bladder). If you drink it already, then why not collect the points (or share with others like devilot). To drink or not drink the soda should not be determined by the points.

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

8. NEENAHBOY macrumors 6502

I've been doing it for a while now. Incidentally, most of the codes I enter don't come from me.

It should also be noted that their site is a load of crap, and one should consider linking their cell phone for SMS code entry. Either that, or use the code entry widget available through Yahoo Widget Engine. If you do the latter, be sure to drop them a note asking for a Dashboard widget and an iPhone/Touch app...it's incredibly stupid that neither has been created yet.

9. da2005pizimp macrumors 6502

Yes i didn't mean to go out and drink all the soda to get the points, i'm just saying that it would take forever and wouldn't be worth my time. I tried but kept throwing out my tops. I usually drink fountain drinks anyways.

10. RITZFit macrumors 65816

RITZFit

My buddy got a set of addidas sandals, some nice shades, and an addiadas wind breaker from that program...although hes always collecting points (lol, hes always asking me to save the boxes/bottles of any coke products I buy)

11. Surely Guest

Surely

Good for you. It's too bad more people don't realize how bad that stuff is for you. Especially diet soda. It always amazes me when I see someone, overweight or not, order unhealthy food with a diet coke. It's as if they're justifying the bacon double cheeseburger with fries and a side of mayo they're about to eat by drinking the diet coke.

Mmmmm..... bacon double cheeseburger.......

Anyway.... I used to drink at least a can a day of coke (I stopped around 5-6 years ago), but now I only have one coke a week (if that). I don't even miss it anymore. I pretty much drink water 95% of the time, and if not water then OJ, coffee or green tea.

It's contests like these that help to promote obesity and childhood obesity in the world. That is.... unless... what is the grand prize anyway? Maybe it's worth it..... :D:eek: